On Saturday, May 30, Governor Roy Cooper issued Executive Order No. 142 that extended a prior order suspending the assessment of new late fee penalties and service disconnections due to payment delinquency until July 29, 2020.
As a result, the city will not resume assessing new late fee penalties or service disconnections on delinquent accounts at this time. Customers, however, still are responsible for payment of accrued balances. If you have been impacted by COVID-19 directly or indirectly and need to set up a payment plan for past due balances, we want to help. Please call the Utility Billing staff at 336-626-1222.
Public access to city facilities remains restricted but Billing Office staff is available to assist customers over the phone. Customers are reminded of the following payment options:
- Drive-thru kiosks located at 146 N. Church Street and 304 E. Dixie Drive. Payments may be made by cash, check, money order or credit & debit card. There is no fee to use a kiosk.
- Pay Online: Payments may be made by credit & debit card.
- Mail check payments to City of Asheboro, PO Box 2628, Asheboro NC 27204-2628
- Draft: forms are available outside the billing office and online.
- Pay by Phone: Payments may be made by credit & debit card by calling 1-888-385-5471. Customers will need their account number and CID from the bill. There is a convenience fee assessed by the third party vendor of $2.25.