1. The purpose of city social media sites are to present matters of public interest to City of Asheboro residents, businesses, visitors and other interested parties.
2. The City reserves the right to adjust settings and delete/hide submissions that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or disparage any group of people because of some shared characteristic. Any comments viewed as threatening, libelous, or harassing are prohibited and subject to deletion. Further, the City also reserves the right to delete comments that contain the following:
a. Spam, advertising or links to other sites
b. Content that is clearly disruptive and/or off topic (i.e. the content has no direct relationship to or bearing on the government speech posted by the city)
c. The promotion of illegal activity
d. Promotions for any particular services, products, or political organizations
e. Copyrighted or trademarked material
f. Personal identifying information such as home addresses, phone numbers or personal e-mail addresses
3. Representatives of the City of Asheboro communicate via social media websites. Consequently, any communications via these sites (whether by a government employee or the general public) is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties.
4. Postings on social media sites do not serve as formal requests for service. Any citizen needing a response from the City should call or visit the appropriate department.
5. Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Asheboro or its officers and employees. To report a violation, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations as to whether submissions are in compliance with these guidelines or are to be deleted from City site(s) shall be in the sole discretion of City staff.