Water & Sewer Maintenance

Water and Sewer Maintenance
sewer_cleanoutIn case of emergency (sewer overflow, water leaks, etc.) before 8 a.m. or after 5 p.m., over the weekend, or on a holiday, call 9-1-1. Emergency dispatchers will send an on-call investigator. During normal business hours, call 336-626-1234.
Want to avoid spending a day in the dark? It's a simple as 8-1-1. If you're planning to do any sort of digging, call 811 from anywhere in the country a few days prior to starting your project. Tell the operator where you're planning to dig and what type of work you will be doing, and your affected local utility companies will be notified about your intent to dig. In a few days they'll send a locator to mark the approximate location of your underground lines, pipes and cables, so you'll know what's below and be able to dig safely.

Remember; always call 811 before you start any digging project! You'll avoid injury, expense, embarrassment - and a very inconvenient day in the dark. For more information, visit www.call811.com.
Water and Sewer Maintenance
Regular Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Frequently Asked Questions


Who do I call about low water pressure at my house?

What causes a water main break?

Why is water running down the road in front of my house?

The city repaired a leak in front of my house. Will this cause my water bill to go up?

Why do I hear a gurgling noise in my tub or sink when my washing machine discharges?

Why do I hear the same noise even when I'm not discharging anything?

I have a sewer spill in my yard. What should I do?

How often is the sewer system cleaned?

Who do I call about a missing cleanout cap?

How do I dispose of grease?

How often are the outfalls mowed?

The City dug up my yard to work on my sewer or repair a water leak and it has not been fixed up. What should I do?