Notice Regarding Past Due Utility Accounts
As a result of Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order No. 124 and Executive Order No. 142, the city temporarily suspended the assessment of new late fee penalties and service disconnections due to payment delinquency. This Order and the suspension of penalties and disconnections expired on July 29, 2020.
Beginning in August, the city will resume assessing late fee penalties on delinquent accounts in accordance with its adopted policies. In addition, service disconnections on delinquent accounts may occur unless the customer has set up a payment plan with the city; only residential customer accounts may be eligible for payment plans. These customers are encouraged to call the Billing Office at (336) 626-1222 to discuss setting up a payment plan.
Public access to city facilities remains restricted but Billing Office staff is available to assist customers over the phone. Customers are reminded of the following payment options:
- Drive-thru kiosks located at 146 N. Church Street and 304 E. Dixie Drive. Payments may be made by cash, check, money order or credit & debit card. There is no fee to use a kiosk.
- Pay Online: Payments may be made by credit & debit card HERE.
- Mail check payments to City of Asheboro, PO Box 2628, Asheboro NC 27204-2628
- Draft: forms are available outside the billing office and at HERE. There is no fee for the Draft Payment option.
- Pay by Phone: Payments may be made by credit & debit card by calling 1-888-385-5471. Customers will need their account number and CID from the bill. There is a convenience fee assessed by the third party vendor of $2.25.