For inquiries about signing in for service, please call the Billing and Collection Department at 336-626-1222 or email email@example.com.
Applications for new service and transferring service are now online.
- Online application for new service
- Online application to Transfer Service: (For customers who currently are a City of Asheboro customer but are moving to a new place)
Applications will be received and processed during normal office hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. (The billing office is closed for lunch from 12:00 noon- 1:00 pm and holidays.)
Please allow 24 hours for the review and processing of your application. Once all application materials, including deposit if applicable, are received and processed, service will be scheduled for connection. We do not offer same day service.
When applying for utility service, the following information is required:
1.) At least one form of accepted identification for accountholder. If the form of identification is not a valid NC driver's license or valid NC picture ID, a second form of identification is required. Accepted forms are the following:
- Valid state driver’s license;
- Valid state issued picture ID;
- US Birth Certificate;
- Social Security Number;
- Immigration card;
- Permanent Resident card.
2.) Additional Requirements for Renters
- Copy of Lease Agreement executed by both the landlord and tenant;
- Deposit for Service: $140.00 inside city limits | $160.00 outside city limits.
- Once the billing department has confirmed that all application materials are in order and have provided an account number, a deposit can be paid over the phone using a credit card through a third party agency. Call 1-800-272-9829 to make your payment using a credit card over the phone. Customers will need their account number (provided by the billing staff upon opening a new account) and jurisdiction code 3957 when making the payment and will need to contact the billing department with the confirmation number provided by the agency. (Please note, a $2.75 fee will be assessed by a third party collector.)
3.) Additional Requirements for Owners
- Ownership documentation (settlement statement, deed, verifiable on tax department records / GIS).
4.) Payment of prior outstanding debts due to the City of Asheboro in accordance with the City of Asheboro Code of Ordinances.
Notice of the use of Social Security Numbers:
Disclosure of your social security number is voluntary. The request for your social security number is authorized by Section 105A-3(c) of the North Carolina General Statutes. Social security numbers collected by the city’s billing and collections office will be used to confirm the identity of the customer, by means of matching the number with information found in the city’s databases and on-line services, when collection efforts are undertaken to recover debts that are not paid voluntarily and in a timely manner by a customer. These collection efforts will include set-offs against customers’ North Carolina income tax refunds and lottery winnings by means of the state’s set-off debt collection program. This program is used by the City of Asheboro to collect debts that arise in connection with the provision of water service, sewer service, and/or environmental services such as the collection of garbage, brush, white goods, etc. An existing or potential customer will not be denied city services because of a refusal to disclose his or her social security number.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURE: Access to personal information such as identification, social security numbers and bank account numbers are password protected. Applications are maintained in a secure digital format. The City does not maintain paper copies of application materials.