The Public Works Department provides general supervision and assistance to all public works areas, including Street, Sanitation, Water & Sewer Maintenance and direct supervision to Traffic Division, Building Maintenance, Utility Inspections, Utility Locations and Cemetery Management.
The Public Works Department assists the general public by providing various types of information and assistance with miscellaneous complaints. It is also involved with setting quality standards, planning, goal setting, record keeping and various other activities as required.
Services provided by the City of Asheboro's Public Works Division include:
- Cemetery Plot Sales and Cemetery Maintenance
- Addressing Drainage & Erosion Control Problems
- Fleet Maintenance
- Garbage/Trash Pick Up
- Leaf Pick-Up
- Right-of-way Mowing on City and NCDOT Maintained Streets
- Snow Removal on City Maintained Streets
- Sidewalk Repair
- Street Cleaning
- Street Light Repairs and Outages
- Street Name Signs on City and NCDOT Maintained Streets
- Street Repair on City Maintained Streets
- Traffic Signs on City Maintained Streets, including "Watch for Children"
- Water-Sewer Maintenance
- Water-Sewer Pipe Locating
- Water-Sewer Pipe Repairs
811 ImageWant to avoid spending a day in the dark? It's as simple as 8-1-1.
Call 811 from anywhere in the country a few days prior to digging, and your call will be routed to your local One Call Center. Tell the operator where you're planning to dig, what type of work you will be doing and your affected local utilities companies will be notified about your intent to dig. In a few days, they'll send a locator to mark the approximate location of your underground lines, pipes and cables, so you'll know what's below - and be able to dig safely.
Remember, always call 811 before you start any digging project! You'll avoid injury, expense, embarrassment - and a very inconvenient day in the dark.
For more information on the 811 service visit www.call811.com.
Asheboro Department of Public Works
1312 N. Fayetteville Street