Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms:
Firefighters are available to assist with the selection and placement of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and may, in some cases, provide alarms or battery replacements, especially to the elderly, disabled, or persons with other special needs.
The Ride-along Program provides interested individuals in the community the opportunity to ride as a guest on an Asheboro Fire Department apparatus. Citizens that are curious about participating in this program must be at least 16 years old with the approval of a parent or guardian.
Age Group: If you are 18 or younger, you will need the approval of a parent or guardian.
Audience Size: 1
Time: Up to 8 hours, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. hours.
(The duration of the Ride Along is subject to change according to the Battalion Chief and/or Company Officer sponsoring the visit.)
Cost: No Cost.
- A sponsoring AFD Member.
- Completion of the Ride-Along Program Agreement and "Liability Waiver"
- 30 working days before the Ride-Along date requested.
- Comply with the Ride-Along Dress Code.
To schedule a Ride Along:
- If you are interested in learning additional information about our Ride-Along program, please visit the Asheboro Fire Department located at 401 South Church Street, Asheboro, NC 27203
- Secure a Company Officer to sponsor your Ride-Along request. Be prepared to answer questions about why you would like to participate in the Ride-Along Program. Please keep in mind that this program is specifically designed for citizens, who are interested in exploring a career in the fire service or just learning more about the Asheboro Fire Department.
- Initiate your Ride Along request 30 days prior to the day that you want to participate in AFD's Ride-Along Program. In an effort to accommodate possible scheduling conflicts, be prepared to provide at least 3 dates and times that you are available for the Ride-Along Program.
For additional information, please contact the Asheboro Fire Department at (336) 625-4244 Ext: 6 for Fire Life Safety Officer, Lieutenant Jason Joines. If not available please leave a message with Office Administrative Assistant Pam Smith.
Programs Under Development
Citizens Fire Academy(Spring 2020)
To request information on any of these programs, please contact:
Fire and Life Safety Educator, and Public Information Officer
Jason Joines (Lieutenant)
336-625-4244 Ext. 6