Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Citizens Fire Academy
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms:
Firefighters are available to assist with the selection and placement of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and may, in some cases, provide alarms or battery replacements, especially to the elderly, disabled, or persons with other special needs.
The Ride-along Program provides interested individuals in the community the opportunity to ride as a guest on an Asheboro Fire Department apparatus. Citizens that are curious about participating in this program must be at least 16 years old with the approval of a parent or guardian.
Age Group: If you are 18 or younger, you will need the approval of a parent or guardian.
Audience Size: 1
Time: Up to 8 hours, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. hours.
(The duration of the Ride Along is subject to change according to the Battalion Chief and/or Company Officer sponsoring the visit.)
Cost: No Cost.
- A sponsoring AFD Member.
- Completion of the Ride-Along Program Agreement and "Liability Waiver"
- 30 working days before the Ride-Along date requested.
- Comply with the Ride-Along Dress Code.
To schedule a Ride Along:
- If you are interested in learning additional information about our Ride-Along program, please visit the Asheboro Fire Department located at 401 South Church Street, Asheboro, NC 27203
- Secure a Company Officer to sponsor your Ride-Along request. Be prepared to answer questions about why you would like to participate in the Ride-Along Program. Please keep in mind that this program is specifically designed for citizens, who are interested in exploring a career in the fire service or just learning more about the Asheboro Fire Department.
- Initiate your Ride Along request 30 days prior to the day that you want to participate in AFD's Ride-Along Program. In an effort to accommodate possible scheduling conflicts, be prepared to provide at least 3 dates and times that you are available for the Ride-Along Program.
For additional information, please contact the Asheboro Fire Department at (336) 625-4244 Ext: 6 for Fire Life Safety Officer, Captain Jason Joines. If not available please leave a message with Office Administrative Assistant Pam Smith.
Citizens Fire Academy: Postponed until further notice.
This program is designed for people who have a genuine desire to learn more about the daily lives of professional firefighters, who want to heighten their awareness regarding fire and life safety and who want to enhance their knowledge of the fire service industry. This program will provide its participants with a rich learning environment that will give them an in-depth view of the Asheboro Fire Department services and capabilities it offers. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to perform various skills of a professional firefighter.
Citizens` Academy Goals and Mission Statement:
The Citizens Fire Academy's primary objective is to provide an opportunity for community leaders, business persons and special interest groups to become more knowledgeable about the various aspects of the Asheboro Fire Department and which provide us with voices in the community to act as ambassadors to help build and solidify strong relationships.
Citizens` Academy Objectives:
- To educate participants on the role of the Asheboro Fire Department in regard to fire and life safety for our community.
- To provide participants with a greater understanding of the Asheboro Fire Department's resources and capabilities.
- To instill the philosophy that community education and involvement is a crucial component of the success and the future of the Asheboro Fire Department.
Age Group: Adults 18 years old or older who are residents of the City of Asheboro.
Audience Size: 12
When: Beginning April 2nd
Time: Classes will meet every Thursday from 6:30 P.M. to 9:30 P.M. culminating with a graduation ceremony on May 29th.
Cost: No Cost.For additional information, please contact the Asheboro Fire Department at (336) 625-4244 Ext: 6 for Fire Life Safety Officer, Captain Jason Joines. If not available please leave a message with Office Administrative Assistant Pam Smith.
To request information on any of these programs, please contact:
Fire and Life Safety Educator, and Public Information Officer
Jason Joines (Captain)
336-625-4244 Ext. 6